I share a Google Sheets script that you can use to quickly generate a bar plot of your cryptocurrency portfolio on www.CryptoCompare.com — Yes, this means you need to track/create your private portfolio on CryptoCompare.
The script will generate a plot like this:
and a table like this:
Google Sheets Script
Last updated: November 25th, 2017
Here is how you can use it:
2) Select and copy the following table:
Make sure you copy the column names as well.
3) Paste this into the first cell of your newly opened sheets doc.
4) Select “Script Editor” from the Tools menu.
Hard link to github source here: https://gist.github.com/agalea91/7ad9725d09d08f5a8313e72886c47a43
This code is also available for review at the end of this post.
6) Save your project, feel free to keep the default name.
7) Select the
8) Click the play button at the top of the page to run the main function.
9) Give the required authorization.
10) You may get a warning like the following I’ve posted below, which can be resolved by clicking the Advanced tab.
11) Then click on the newly available link to grant authorization.
I also had to type “Continue”
12) After granting authorization, the script should automatically run. Go back to your sheet and — voila — the table and plot should have appeared.
If it didn’t work, you’re welcome to get in touch with me on twitter here:
Alex Galea (@agalea91) | Twitter
The latest Tweets from Alex Galea (@agalea91). Data Analyst and self-proclaimed Script Monkey at @Ayima 📊 M.Sc…
The code I’ve provided to do data parsing and visualization can be seen below:
Upon review, you will find there is nothing fishy going on, we are just parsing the values pasted into the sheet and creating a plot.
Here is the github source:
plot-crypto-portfolio - Plot your cryptocompare.com portfolio using Google Sheets
Thanks for reading 👏.